View Single Post
      07-04-2021, 02:29 PM   #1016
Nativetexan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: %C2%9118 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
20 miles today, felt good. I bonked a bit after the ride. I don't carry much extra gas (food) in my tank (stomach) and I am susceptible to bonking on long rides, long hikes, etc. I'm not big on "pre-fueling", and by my calculations the body can't metabolize recently consumed food fast enough to avoid deficit.

The only remedy I can think of is to do a long ride immediately after a meal. Binge eating as a remedy to bonking seems like it defeats the purpose of strenuous exercise. I know plenty of people that binge eat (burgers, pizza, beer, etc.) after a strenuous workout, and do so with gusto. That's not for me.

What are everyone's thoughts about caloric deficit on more strenuous workouts (rides, hikes, runs)?
For rides under two hours, Why not carry a kind bar (or peanut butter banana) and eat it at the half way point?

I typically always ate a light meal before a ride, bar/banana half way through then post ride protein drink. Followed by a meal afterwards.

Any ride over 2 hours is gonna require fueling during riding with a drink of some kind.
Appreciate 2
chassis6375.00
M_Six16554.50