Nativetexan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativetexan View Post
For rides under two hours, Why not carry a kind bar (or peanut butter banana) and eat it at the half way point?

I typically always ate a light meal before a ride, bar/banana half way through then post ride protein drink. Followed by a meal afterwards.

Any ride over 2 hours is gonna require fueling during riding with a drink of some kind.
Thanks. Good suggestion. I did drink 1 liter of water at the halfway point. The ride was about 2 hours total, including a 15 minute break at the halfway point. This is an average speed of about 10mph including the break. I estimate about 15mph average speed while moving. There are some hills on my route which slow me down on the climb. Faster on the descent, of course. I am not, nor am I trying to be, Lance Armstrong. I cycle for fitness and to be outdoors.

I will try a Kind bar or similar next time.
Sure thing.

Another idea is to slice a single piece of bread in half and make a peanut butter banana sandwich with it. That's about 200-400 calories and is a good sized snack for the half way point. It digested slow for me, so about 10-15 minutes into the ride home I felt it and perked up a bit always.
Appreciate 1
chassis6479.00