08-10-2021, 03:31 PM   #16
RelaxIN2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW M3 E93

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapperss View Post
So I looked this up last night for the UK as didn`t want to just be spouting crap - Will post the link below but the TLDR is that over a 250w motor and/or no assistance over 15.5 mph other wise its considered a motor bike and needs tax and insurance.

All the lads i know with regular ebikes have the de-restricted and bush closer to 30mph but that`s technically an illegal mod.

Got to love the nanny state. . https://www.gov.uk/electric-bike-rules

All parks (the ones i've ridden anyway) do not allow twist a go on site - public parks may be different but I think not (its one google to many for me) as you do not ever see them on the trails.

Again dude, not hating. It`s a great machine, just with the way we look at them in the UK my mind goes straight to emotorbike

You know what, I'll come to the fence... You are correct, over here in the States it does depend on the specific State, township and in some cases the parks. In my state we are allowed a maximum of 750 Watt motor and/or up to 20 or 25 MPH speed. I believe its 20 MPH. My bike has an ECU and has 2 modes. A street mode that will reduce the power to 750w and 25 MPH... and a Competition mode that will give it the full 5500w of power and speeds up to 52 MHP. I call it the fun mode. I have actually passed cars on the road with. I have to say, the look on their faces when I'm peddling by them..LOL.. cracks me the hell up..

No, note hating at all...we're just having fun..! But, if you You Tube a Stealth B-52 Bomber and look at some of the videos, you see how much fun they really are.

Dont let me side track your thread, I was just having some Mountain Bike fun with you..
Appreciate 0