View Single Post
      08-11-2016, 12:55 PM   #5
wtfbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
The government cannot confiscate your car if it was purchased legally. The government can't take your personal property.
Idk what world you are possibly living in, but the government (and even local police) can confiscate belongings and even cash under simply "suspicion" that it was used in a crime. Look up DEA seizings of people's cash accounts. Sometimes you fight for years for your money back.

Quote:
These are things that with any decent lawyer, it would be impossible to prove. Now, if you really were street racing and caught red handed, well maybe not, but just for accelerating or having a bit of fun? No way, the law is written way to permissively to be enforceable.
I agree. And I will NEVER street race - and I also plan to have myself well protected, with a dash cam. I have nothing to hide. I guess my fears of some random power-tripping cop seizing my car because I went WOT on the highway ramp are possibly overblown. I guess any good lawyer could get that thrown out.

But alas, I am someone who worries and stresses quite a bit. And while I'm sure it's exceedingly rare, I still don't want to be that guy who has to go through it.
Appreciate 0