c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Are MS Office files 100% seamlessly interchangeable between Windows and Macs now? All my clients are on Windows and I don’t want to screw around with file format compatibility or running Windows on a Mac.
Pretty much yes. They use different drive formatting but yes you can move a .docx file fro Windows to Mac and they work as they should.

If you are using this for home, I would definitely pay the little extra and get a Mac. I also use Parallels (virtual machine manager) to run Windows and Linux. If I need to use Windows, I can use files from the Mac hard drive and save them for use on the Mac later.

There are also apps that allow you to read NTFS formatted drive like an external flash drive or hard drive.

I have an iMac that is now five years old still running pretty much like new. I had a MacBook Pro i7 that worked for ten years. We are lucky to get three years out of Windows laptops at work. Sure we have some that last longer, but they are outside cases. Macs at work consistently outlast Windows machines.
Appreciate 2
243Racing1447.50
MKSixer34173.50