View Single Post
      03-29-2020, 11:03 PM   #15
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
Had a turbo replaced under warranty on my last bmw with an aftermarket downpipe. Didn’t void the warranty at all. And Bmw can detect a flash tune if they really wanted to. Flashing back to stock doesn’t negate the shadow counter for the number of ECU flashes performed that they can match against their records. They may not have dug into the ECU during your engine trouble because it wasn’t worth it. If you needed an engine replacement I’m sure it would’ve been looked at. BMW has been trying to fight flash tunes for quite some time with enhanced encryption. As soon as the ECU is cracked, BMW looks at the exploit and then patches it and puts out a service bulletin for an ECU flash. It’s a never ending cycle.

And yes, the Supra is getting over 500hp at the crank estimated. Different engine than the one in the z4 M40i (until the 2021 model year Supra). And it’s not on straight 93 octane fuel. They’re running e30 or even e85 and they’re custom tunes, not OTS tunes. I’m positive my stage 2 93 Octane OTS tune is 450+ crank hp because I’m pulling c6 and c7 corvettes that weigh less and are rated at 450 crank hp. Just haven’t had time to swing by the dyno to get numbers yet.
Appreciate 1