04-10-2020, 07:41 AM   #20
Ric in RVA
Bergspyder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 128i Sport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
Sometimes agents can help sometimes they actually hurt with false information. They know how to sell policies and if they are any good will make sure you don't get a cut rate policy that has very high deductibles for different perils or non recoverable depreciation.

In my dealings with agents is that they have very little knowledge in claims and adjustments. Countless times have I been told by customers that their agent said "no way will they replace this or that" and in the end the home owner was granted full replacement.
I'm to the point now I recommend they don't contact their agent and just submit the claim following the normal procedure.

Agents have helped when their carriers have dined claims to their client's.

I always make a point to ask ALLSTATE ADJUSTERS who they use for their insurance needs...I have never met one who uses ALLSTATE HA.

I'd agree with that about 95%...with the exception of agents who once were old school "out in the field" adjusters who were around when companies did it right. I fight for my clients when things go off the rails. I've gotten stuff paid that was originally denied. I will also help you read the policy to truly understand what the reason was a denial occured.

Most agents are sales guys. Nothing wrong with sales guys.

But this is too important to leave to someone who doesn't truly understand their product and is too worried about putting numbers on the board.

If you are in Virginia PM me!

2011 128i 6 MT Sport, 2009 Cayman 987.2, 2011 528i N52, 2018 F150 Platinum
Appreciate 0