04-15-2020, 08:50 PM   #28
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Few companies I have been with and their experience below.

Allstate: had an incident and they didn’t want to cover. Basically said after the deductible they can send me $2. I told them I don’t feel like I’m in good hands and the agent laughed and said “sir, you are in good hands.” Wtf...

State Farm: pretty good and responsive. Haven’t really made any claims with them but experience was okay with general inquiries and Policy questions/updates.

Amica: this was probably the best. I was with them for a year insuring the Porsche. I called around for quotes and decided to go with them for the coverage. Was $200 more a year than Geico and $600-800 cheaper vs other big guys. Experience was great. After I switched to Geico the agent recently reached out asking if she could help me with anything. I have no doubt that if I had a claim with them it would have been handled with the utmost care.

Geico: been with them a year now. Switched because it was cheaper and includes MBI. Customer service has been good. No issues or claims so far and I hope never having to make a claim, ever. With this COVID19 stuff going on, they’re not cancelling policies from March until April 30th effectively giving everyone a month+ of coverage for free. My renewal was due end of March and I just paid for it. Didn’t want to take advantage. Last week I received an email saying that they’re crediting various policies (I think all policies) $100-150 to help with this situation. Don’t know if I will get anything back and don’t really care but that to me spoke volume. They care about their customers.
I saw an article a day or so ago from ABC or NBC that all CA insurance companies were going to have to give credit or whatever for premiums for a month or two becuase of this crisis; here's the link https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...break-70125381

Went back and read the article, I guess they are only making SOME companies return premiums. Wonder how they choose which companies..
Appreciate 0