08-13-2021, 03:25 PM   #8
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeEmVe View Post
I have to ask how did they manage to raise the price, did you not have a signed contract???

I probably would have walked out the door and file multiple complaints.
They can do whatever they want before you sign the final contract. The initial deposit and order has no legal protection for either buyer or seller. If it did the dealerships could also pursue buyers for walking away from deals.
The sales manager claimed the deal had an incentive built in that wasn’t available at delivery. That was untrue and the specifics of the deal were not only on the original paperwork but on multiple emails back and forth with the salesman who was no longer employed by the dealership.
Could we have walked away? Of course but my wife waited 7 months for her custom order and in that time we were unable to find another build like it nationally and they would of sold it over MSRP over the weekend easily. Could we of raised a stink about it and spent hours at the dealer and ruined our day and the experience for $1500? Yeah but it wasn’t worth it for us. In the end we still got a good deal and the dealer lost a customer and referrals. I’ve referred several people to by BMW salesman whom I had the opposite experience with but that was before the COVID era.
Sucks there are dealerships and salesman like this but it’s not going to change anytime soon. If anything it has gotten worse.
Appreciate 0