Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
There is? Does it have decent surf? Is there a part that doesn’t involve sink holes, humidity, hurricanes, an over abundance of retired people, northwesterners trying to thaw out, theme park and cruise boat tourists, and every other headline from the smokinggun.com?

Recent, relatively clean example - https://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster...entence-365912

That said, outside of Southern California, California doesn’t really have what I would call "beaches". Up here we have "coastline" and outside of a crazy heat wave, I agree, the water and weather is too damn cold to lounge on the coast.

Food is really world class - half the produce is local so it’s fresher. Diversity of options really can’t be beat.

Not sure where you were, so can’t speak to the specifics of why you might not understand why people pay a premium (or camp on the streets) to live here, but consensus says otherwise. Now if we could just stop passing some ridiculous policies that unnecessarily inflate the cost of living, that’d be great
not trying to get into the discussion of bay area vs rest of the world

but los angeles is better in any measurable (and immeasurable) metric than SF purely because it's not freezing cold, hoodie weather in the summer

also SF has a big street poo problem, chicago doesn't
Appreciate 2