BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Two things are driving it:

(1.) This, and

(2.) New retail investors piling into what they perceive as a no-lose/FOMO trade

Either way, TSLA's value isn't ludicrous if you're a speculator or trader - in fact, it's made a lot of millionaires.

If you're an investor, TSLA is a out of bounds (at its current price) as is most of the market. This is clearly one of those "when the tide goes out we'll see who's swimming without pants" times.
Tesla is trading on its own island relative to the market. People that say Tesla is “overvalued” like everything else don’t know what they’re talking about. Tesla can’t be compared to any company in terms of how overvalued it is relative to fundamentals. Again, Elon isn’t making magic beans...he’s making cars.

Again, I see the value...it’s just not really worth what it’s currently trading. You can point to semi trucks, electric networks, and space all you want...those things have to produce earnings at some point. Even Amazon started delivering the profit and Tesla will too. I hope they can.

No one said the speculation hasn’t created real millionaires. It has. The value is real money and if you can get out at the right time, you win. I’m speaking from a long term business perspective and my guess is we’ll look back on this as a bubble. Bubbles do make millionaires and billionaires. It’s the bursting that’s the problem.
Appreciate 0