Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
Never. The one that really sucked for bottas was British GP 2019.
i honestly dont think that Merc' sabotaged Bottas' race.. they call him in at the same time when Max comes in when Max was leading to keep things even and not getting an undercut.. Merc's were already slow waiting few more laps probably wouldnt work as well.. actually for Lewis they called him late in my opinion cause he wont able to finish the race with those tires as well clearly they tried if Max has more pace or not.. why not giving him more laps in the end to catch up there wasnt much traffic behind Leclerc.. maybe because of the fuel though since there were no SC in the race..
Agreed, I don't believe it was to meant to give Hamilton the advantage. Mercedes brought Bottas to cover Max. When Merc analyzed Bottas' old tires, they realized that the old tires still had a decent amount of life and that's why they told Hamilton to hold steady to get through the graining period.

Bottas had the advantageous strategy since he can stay close to Max. Hamilton's strategy was no more than a "fingers-crossed-throw-a-dart-on-the-wall" and see if we can stay ahead in 1st and he managed to get ahead of Bottas with fresher tires.
Appreciate 1
yco5738.50