07-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #13
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Such a great car that everyone forgot to buy one and a dumbed down US M3 outsold it and won nearly all comparisons to it.

Seems the Corvette was better reviewed too, still exists and has leaf springs (of a sort).

The fact is that Toyota is a lot of things, but the LFA and MkIV Supra are perhaps 0.01% of their DNA.
I'd like for you to show me one of these comparisons between an M3 and a JZX Toyota you speak of where the M3 wins because I sincerely doubt any publication that's even remotely legit would compare the souped up version of a compact coupe vs a standard, large, luxury sedan.

It shouldn't be a surprise the JZX cars weren't being sold left and right because they were relatively low production and weren't sold all over the world (the Chaser was only sold in Japan through specialized high-end Toyota dealerships that have since been converted to Lexus).

I'm not sure why you're bringing up the Corvette or its leaf springs? The Corvette is a dedicated sports car while the JZX cars are luxury sedans. On that note let's compare the Miata and the M6

Toyota has been using double wishbone suspension in the front and rear of their cars for over 20 years while BMW has been using non-adjustable, Flinstone-esque trailing arms. AND in those same cars (mass produced mid-sized sedans and coupes) they were putting in 1JZ and 2JZ engines - the best turbo motors on street cars ever produced - until a decade ago. So turbo motors and proper sports suspension is a little more than 0.01% of Toyota's DNA.