12-10-2020, 01:09 PM   #4967
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
Well I don't work in the industry so I won't say you are wrong. I will say I HOPE you are wrong. I need a serious 9mm ammo haul to play with this summer.
Well hope all you want - but I'm so far from wrong I can't even remember where it is. =) This is by far the worst rush I have experienced in my almost 30 years in the industry.

Most product we have ever shipped in a single year. Lowest inventory ever recorded in our current facility (since 1992). Most backordered we have ever been.

After 2013 I was not sure anything could have topped it - but this one is. In 2013 we had this huge 6-9 month buying spree which resulted in backorders that took the industry and year to fill and then another year to backfill all the shelves to semi-normal levels. Remember - not only is our warehouse empty - so is every one between us and you the consumer. But after that 6-9 months, incoming sales started fading back closer to more normal levels and stayed there till about 2017 when the valley arrived and we had a very dry year and you started seeing all kind of super sales on everything. We saw a lot of small ammo makers go belly up here that had jumped in during the rush.

But here we are 10 months into this - and the velocity is picking UP - not fading. And once Uncle Joe gets those lips moving and/or the Dems gain the Senate - it'll ratchet back up again.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...acklog-billion

If you wait to find it on a shelf - you will be waiting a LONG time. Get a back order in (maybe several at different places) and hold tight. It'll come. But waiting to see it to buy it will gain you nothing - unless you go to a gun show and then be prepared to pay 3-10 times normal prices.

In 2013 I watched with my own eyes a guy pay almost $600 for a case of primers. When the fear hits - people will pay anything. Don't be that guy. Ammo is shipping, it is all just going to backorders.

It's always a good time to learn to reload - but even that has it's challenges in years like this.

It's nuts