05-08-2016, 11:04 PM   #72
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdrei View Post
The article said it clear. They pumped out cars to try and maintain the #1 position. They failed on 2 fronts:
1. flooded the dealers with cars that are not moving
2. misjudged the market forces, MB especially.
This is a clear sign that bean counters are in charge at BMW and things are about to get worse; why?

- the bread and butter 3 series is not pulling the weight it is supposed to. It's actually a failure.
- the new MB E class will wipe the floor with an already ageing 5 series.
- the 7 series came out 2 years after the S class and proves to be already at least 1 generation behind. The interior is crap compared to the S, among other things.
- the M brand is so diluted there is no more margin to be made on M Marketing. The days of M Motorsport and machines that could chase Porsche are long gone. Heck the M6 GC cannot keep up with the RS7.
- the cars value-to-cost ratio is total crap when compared to MB and Audi.

They milked it to the hilt and are starting to witness a massive crash. Case in point, I just ordered an Alpina B6 and got a way bellow invoice price without even asking; the dealer was practically begging me to place the order. There are discounted M3/M4s all over.

And Scott, the fact that the X3 sells does not imply that people are choosing it over the regular 3 series (that's BS). It's because, MB GLC just hit the market and the GLK was crap. Next year this time it will be a different picture, the GLC is a much better car.

All in all BMW needs to realize that value, not an emblem, sells. BMW needs to crash and return to its core; same cycle MB went through. Until than I will drive AMG and Porsche.
While I do share some facts, like diluting the M brand-, I must tell you that Mercedes is a big NO NO for me. They rust like crap. Literally.
No wonder, since they don't give their cars an anti-corrosive bath.
All the Mercedes that run in my area in snow country look like crap pretty early.
Also, the new Mercedes look is not for me. They look awful. Inside and out (personal opinion of course).

I will buy a 2002-2008 SL even now, but nothing from the new line is appealing to me.

Salut.
Appreciate 0