11-02-2016, 11:05 AM   #334
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Its state dependant. Id use 3006 or 7mm for deer. I dont need to be chasing blood trails.
That 7mm is no joke. A friend took that hog hunting the last time we went. He was about 300yds away from me when he fired and it sounded and felt like he was about 25ys away from me. By the time we could do some real inspecting, it was a bit dark but we couldn't find an entry or exit wound. We decided the sound and percussion is what killed it. haha

I was shooting .300blk out of a 10" AR and we actually found the bullet when cleaning my hog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJT86 View Post
In case of home defense the 4x zoom would be too much. Shifting to rmr or canted iron sights if you need to use it closer range. I have the laser there in case but the laser is more prone to losing zero
What i meant was, why is your ACOG mounted to your rifle at home when you would clearly not need it in a HD situation? Does it not make more sense to keep it unmounted at home and mount it when you go to the range?