07-01-2019, 08:27 AM   #27
German1967
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235xi - 2022 992 C2S Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkiger View Post
Anyone get a Chassis Stabilization Malfunction error code and other major system failures? Have the Z4 M40i for 4 weeks and upon starting the car the other day I get an error message stating Car is OK to drive but contact your BMW dealer. Then it said the car has a Chassis Stabilization malfunction. Took car to BMW dealer and diagnosed many system faults, Chassis Stabilization, Cruise Control, Blind Spot Detection, Pedestrian Detection, Collision Avoidance, GPS System not working, and multiple other system faults. Also the car was very hard to turn at low speeds 10 MPH and under. Anyway service advisor said BMW had a software fix. 5 hours later the car was working normally. 7 days later I start to get various system faults again. After turning the car on and off a couple of times the faults disappeared. But then the started up again. Going back to the dealer again. Anyone have any of these issues?
There have been some posts on this in the X5/X7 fora that use the same iDrive 7 system. In some cases the head control unit was defective and needed to be replaced.