07-19-2019, 09:15 AM   #65
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvy View Post
Beautiful car. Amazing specs. I agree, game changer car. Im up for a new car soon and have been looking at 911s and now I have a dilemma. The only thing I worry about is the interior quality. In the past its been a deal breaker for me. Cant wait to see this thing in person.
Really, the interior is that much of consideration? If the interior takes away from being able to drive the car to its potential is one thing, but for Chevrolet to produce a mid-engine'd sports car with the level of performance advertised at a $70,000 price point I'd think you'd have to overlook what will probably be minor interior issues.

I was considering a 2008 Cayman 5 years ago before I bought my Z4. The interior was nothing to write home about. Laid out decently for driving, but the design and build quality was average for the original MSRP price point. It wouldn't have kept me from buying the car.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0