View Single Post
      09-01-2019, 06:23 PM   #54
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Look at the still photo taken from inside the apex of turn 1....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah . Another 1-2 laps for Lewis . But did you noticed what I saw ?
Lewis lost 1.5 + sec during his bad pitstop (took way too long) The issue was that his left rear wheel was stuck ! There at that moment Lewis lost the race by losing time in the pit ! Otherwise he was 2 laps earlier under Charles rear wing...While Charles tires were shot ..
On the other hand , the Ferrari top speed on the straights was incredible fast !
Like usual ,I saw a great race from Lewis anyway. Sadly he actually lost the race with his slow tire change ...
Great camera-setup at Eau Rouge/ Raidillon ! The cars flew through the screen like bullets !

About MAX...
Well..His race was already over after 500 meters . Caused by another bad launch control . He lost 4-5 places . Came in traffic and was sandwiched inside by Kimi and the wall of the La Source hairpin .
By Kimi's contact , his left front wheel suspension was damaged . And he ended up in the wall .
His Honda engine had already the whole weekend issues. Yesterday also during the qualifying session the Honda engine dropped several times in safety mode at full throttle, and refused to pull at 100% .
MAX is not happy , because SPA is/was his home race ! And HONDA has some work to do...ASAP !
To attempt to pass a competitior, you need to be wheel-to-wheel with them....you can't stick your nose into an area that is closing up to become zero gap....RAI's trajectory to the apex was evident....VER placed his nose into a gap where RAI could not see, or know that VER had his nose in this closing gap....additionally, take a look at the still photo (or video) of where VER's car was....it was fully outside the racing line and was on a painted curbing area....this is the area that VER was attempting to use to get by RAI....it clearly appears that VER owned the contact with RAI.

I'm not a VER basher....simply making an observation....VER continues to mature and make better choices while in the fight....this was not one of them.
M5Rick58907.50