View Single Post
      12-26-2011, 12:25 AM   #1
saeedg48
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.1 GT3

Arrow • • Newly Acquired AMG - 2012 CLS63 + P31 • •

After three years of driving an M car i've moved to the dark side.

So far the M3 has been amazing!!! & for the most part bulletproof.

I will always love the M3, it truly is an amazing car!

In short i got a bit bored of the m3. For me exclusivity is important.

Hence why i bought the m3 in the first few weeks of its release. More important than exclusivity is performance.

The V8 bi-turbo is a rocket-ship especially with the P30 performance package

Planning on tuning the car very soon -> power bump from the performance package's 550HP & 590TQ to 600+HP & 700+TQ

--

Short Comparison CLS AMG & M3

The AMG is way faster. It's as simple as that. It feels like a twin turbocharged C63. It's M3 fast when you're cruising at 30% throttle.
When you floor it at any gear/ speed you get thrown to the back of your seat, it feels like everything is going backwards.
I've never experienced anything this fast. Literally feels like a roller coaster except scarier.

As far as handling is concerned the M3 is much better. It's not that the CLS is a poor handling car.
It's stiff, and feels planted but it's not a car I would feel comfortable getting sideways.

The M3 on the other hand was super easy and forgiving. Power-sliding the M3 was so much fun, that's one thing i'll miss.

As far as fit and finish is concerned the M3 is great, but the AMG is better.

The interior materials that are used in the AMG present a much more executive
look and feel. For lack of a better word you feel like a boss. Lets put it this way wearing a suit in the M3 felt weird.

--

I'd like to take this time to thank all the forum members out there who have helped with questions i've had over the years.

Cheers

2015 Porsche 991.1 GT3
2015 F80 M3 -- Individual; Space Grey

Last edited by saeedg48; 07-07-2013 at 05:31 AM..
Appreciate 0