View Single Post
      04-14-2024, 07:52 AM   #29
Podunk
Rep
Drives: 335I E90

Fanatec is ok if you want to move between PC and PS5, and assumign you don't go to their black friday sales.. overall Fanatec customer service may as well be non existent according to their own forum, Youtube comments from customers, and the Fanatec reddit.

If you are planning on PC only, i recommend the Simucube line of wheel bases, i got mine from microcenter, as part of a bundle, base, and Gomez racing industries GT wheel for 999.00 but my base is the Sport, not the pro or ultimate. look for similar bundle deals when you can.

get a rig, either 80/20, or the GT1 from Simlabs, you want something you can mount the monitor to for when you fire up the games, if the monitor isn't mounted it can and will fall ( i was using my desk to play, big mistake monitor crashed onto the simucube base, monitor toast, simucube not even a scratch)

Pedals matter, and there are tons of options, Huesinkveld seems to be the go to for many, there is also sim coaches, which uses actual hydrualic pressure sensors, and there is the simucube pedals that cost 2K a piece.. ( there is also simlabs that are good as well. )

will it replace the feeling? no not exactly.. it is fun as hell, and has realistic feeling, and considering you can easily spend 20K a year doing track days, it is much cheaper then RL track day costs overall.

so yes i recommend a rig if you love racing, it get's pretty close to the real deal, and can be very immersive.

not to mention EA WRC and DIRT 2.0 are just stupid fun to play with a direct drive base.

AC and ACC are also good sims, AC IMO has better feel than iRacing for when you are leaning on the tires, Iracing is kinda numb, and makes you rely more on brake and driving handicapped/safe. not to mention, getting those faster turn in's cause of slip angle steering and seeing it in the replays is always satisfying.
Appreciate 1
moppity106.50