Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
So according to Zipse:
"The real decision-makers in our industry are the customers. And you should never lose sight of them."

But then in an earlier interview with BMW Head of Design Domagoj Dukec, he said:

"You can see that on something as polarising like the kidneys on the 4 Series, 20 per cent of people are liking it. That fits to the type of customers we are targeting. Not all customers are going for the 4 Series."

So if BMW Chairman Zipse is saying customers are the decision makers and never lose sight of them, then why is the Head of Design only targeting 20% of them thus losing sight of 80%?
That's just a sound bite from him... However he said something way worse: BMW design today is shaped by American and Chinese market tastes. That revelation (and I dont think he is lying) - means the much hated BMW design you referred to is actually shaped by tastes of American market also. And for that, you guys got some soul searching to do.

I recently had a thought of buying new car or upgrading current. Im upgrading current with some mods, but im not trading it in yet. I dont like ANYTHING in bmw modern range. I could sorta buy their 330e hybrid, the heavy, pointless plugin, that has rims that are commonly sean on Toyota or Peugeot rentals - but I wont. I will wait till that ugly design language phase passes.
Appreciate 0