07-26-2020, 02:27 PM   #34
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by frbq View Post
Sometimes you get tired of wreck BMWs and the incompetence of the dealer service.

I'm starting to think about that option because of the disappointment a new G05 is giving me.

New cars should be like a calculator, only that instead of changing the batteries, you refill the tank, or charge the electric ones.

I suppose Kia comply with it.

Right now I could not recommend to buy a BMW. If going back in time were possible, I would do everything to change my mind about that X5.

Sorry but that's the true.
Wasn't there a thread here from a poster who's son bought a new Kia and the engine failed within 5k miles? Just because you are having issues that doesn't mean your anecdotal evidence is true for the brand. All manufacturers have issues as they all score over 100 problems/100 vehicles. Some have more than others but you can get a lemon from any brand.

As for Kia you have to hand it to Hyundai as they worked hard to improve their brand and they did it smart without cutting corners like the domestics have in the past. They hired quality people from other manufacturers and stole a lot of key design cues from other manufacturers including BMW. They have caught up and surpassed some domestics and Japanese automakers. I certainly would not purchase a Nissan over a Hyundai/Kia. The biggest upcoming hurdle is if they have the ability to become a trend setter as they have got to this point by improving quality and emulating other brands. I want to see if they can create their own trend setting vehicles. The Telluride is a good start for sure.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615333.00