View Single Post
      04-05-2019, 09:47 AM   #318
hooligan_G01
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i BG/Taco Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Not bad at all for the city. To be honest, it looked like even more from the pictures out the back from the floor to ceiling windows, though of course I can't judge property lines.
Yes, that part of the neighborhood is a big horseshoe, so the back yards all butt up against one another, so it looks bigger than it truly is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
We don't live in the city, so we are on a 2.2 acre lot, but I figure at least half, maybe more is wooded. And I just spoke to the guy who apparently is buying the 55 acres we (and all my neighbours) back onto, and he seems like a nice enough guy. He was enquiring whether some of my neighbours would be interested in purchasing some of the land to add to their own property since he doesn't need it all, which I suspect they would be interested.

And I would be very interested in purchasing (or even better, having my neighbour purchase who I know is interested) this little 33ft swath of property in between us, which this new guy will own. If we can get that, we can block all access to our private road, and keep things the way they are. We are 15 minutes drive (at least the way I drive) from a decent sized city, so I feel like we have the best of both worlds.
That does sound like the best of both worlds. We may yet buy and build a few years down the road. If we do, we'll probably be in your type of situation - 2-3 acres within a reasonable drive to "the city".
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7929.00