09-30-2016, 09:11 AM   #41
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Update guys...

Instead of just running at 7-8 mph for 10 mins, I've started an HIIT routine and definitely feel a difference after my workout. I'll full on sprint for a minute, then speed walk for a minute, and keep doing that for like 5-6 cycles. I lift before Cardio but don't do as many sets...maybe 2-3 instead of 3-4. My workout doesn't take any longer, but boy is it more intense.

Also stopped eating plain oatmeal (w/ water) as my 5 p.m. snack as oats are filled w/ carbs and spike insulin. That was probably my most unhealthy snack of the day, as otherwise I just have protein shakes, protein bars, greek yogurt, and fruits. Switched over to a slice of Ezekiel bread w/ 1/2 an Avocado instead of the oats. This bread has a very low glycemic index compared to normal organic wheat bread.

I'll report how I feel in a few days. Thanks again for the suggestions.
Good stuff. Stick to it for a little while (1-2 months) and then measure your results. The thing that I see a lot of guys do when they first start cutting is weighing/measuring everyday and being disappointed when they dont see immediate results and switch things up.

HIIT is definitely a good way to burn fat and keep up explosiveness for your cardio program. What is your lifting program? Did you increase weight while decreasing reps/sets?
Appreciate 0