Thread: Z4 Collision
View Single Post
      11-15-2020, 08:36 PM   #5
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Guess I'm the minority here. If you have a local reputable shop you can trust, there's no reason to not use a local shop.

Honestly most dealers (small/medium) generally do not have an in-house body shop and will just sub-out the work.

I personally have a great local shop who does all of my personal and business work. They are as anal as I am, paint match is always spot on, and never any issues. Car is in excellent shape when I receive it back ... no paint stink, etc.

If you don't have a shop like this, then i would also recommend a good dealership repair then. Not sure where in NY you are ... but if anywhere in the 5 boroughs, I might bring it to north jersey and use the Paul Miller BMW body shop. Used them before when I lived in that area to repair a Lexus RX350 and they did an impeccable job. Likely inconvenient ... but i wouldn't trust any of those dealers around NYC.

I see the First Class leasing sticker on your rear ... assuming you're somewhere around Brooklyn/NYC. My shop is in Ocean, NJ ... Ryan's Auto body ... ask for James.
Appreciate 0