View Single Post
      01-03-2020, 02:33 PM   #160
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M440i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSecretan View Post
For the chap who is having issues with an electrical clicking noise coming from behind him - I have the exact same thing. I think it's normal for these cars - I find the relay noise often coincides with electrical events like the start-stop system engaging or the roof going up or down.
That's me - thanks, I think you're right. Sometimes it isn't obvious but as Joe240 says, there are often things happening behind the scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSecretan View Post
Update on the clicking noise from the roof - the dealer installed felt tape behind all the wires inside the roof liner and unfortunately the noise remains. It sounds like it's coming from around where the roof meets the windshield in the centre - around where the roof locking mechanism is. Oh well, back to the dealer I'm going. Take it no one else has had any clicking noises from the roof?
I get a bit of noise from that area but I think it's just the plastic housing creaking. It seems worse when the weather's cold, which suggests it's down to things shrinking a bit and not fitting as tightly as when it's warm.
Appreciate 0