View Single Post
      08-16-2020, 03:42 AM   #35
jagi00
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i, X5 3.0 M Sport,X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagi00 View Post
I'm thinking of installing a Blackvue cam on my M40i when it arrives next month. I already have a 2 channel Blackvue with the Power Pro box on my X5 to provide power when parked and it has worked well so far.

I doubt that it will be possible to mount a rear view cam on the rear screen so thinking maybe just attach it on the windscreen pointing backwards. It could then possibly catch some some side as well as rear action especially with the top down.

Just some thoughts as without physically checking the car, its all guesswork. Your comments/suggestions will be welcome.
I have bit the bullet and bought a BlackVue DR900S 2 channel, now I just need a car! I also have the Power Pro box for parking mode monitoring so need access to a permanently on 12V source. I had a look at the fuse map for the fuses under the steering wheel (RHD) but did not find any possibilities though more than happy to be corrected. As an alternative to running a cable from the rear, I assume that there is a +ve terminal for battery charging under the bonnet like on my E89 and X5 So it may be easier to pick up power there and run a cable through the bulkhead to the forward fuse panel area. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regarding the rear camera mounting location, I have just checked it mounted on my E89 windscreen and it looks like like a good possibility as it is very small and unobtrusive plus a short cable to the main unit under the mirror. However, I will have to cut and splice the co-ax as there is nowhere to stow the excess cable length.
Appreciate 0