View Single Post
      06-28-2020, 01:27 AM   #1698
super51fan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra93 View Post
Another guy claiming if the Zupra does well the next one will be done in-house.

That's such a self fulfilling prophecy if true. They can't expect the car to be a sales hit if they are being completely tone deaf to what Toyota fans wanted with a chief engineer who, although delivered a good car, forces his Porsche fetishes on Supra enthusiasts.

I believe sales are going to drop dramatically in the coming years unless big changes come out of these incremental updates. The problem is there is no where for this car to go unless Toyota has something up their sleeves. More power isn't much of an option (unless the car gets the S58 which is very unlikely), manual isn't an option with the B58tu, widebody isn't going to happen without breaking a key development principle of 1.55 track width to wheelbase ratio, and Tetsuya Tada already ruled out a hybrid.

I hope I am wrong but this car will get a facelift and red interior stitching and that's it. Then Toyota will say "well sports car don't sell so the A100 isn't going to be developed." The sad part is that Toyota devoted 10x the development effort (hyperbole) to the Yaris than they did to their flagship.
Appreciate 1
Moflow2484.50