05-27-2021, 01:42 AM   #382
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADEe92 View Post
He looked ok in Spain - after his bad qualifying there was just no opportunity to overtake, so Norris lapped him because he could lap faster with faster cars ahead where as Ricciardo was stuck behind much slower cars. On a normal track it wouldn't have happened, and Ricciardo would have progressed through the field like he did in the previous races.

It's the same as when Ricciardo won Monaco in 2018 despite being 160hp down after his MGU-K failure. Vettel just couldn't get past without Ricciardo making a mistake. At any other track, the whole field would have driven straight past him and he'd have retired from the race.
Always been a Ricciardo fan...he showed Verstappen the way at Red Bull, for the 3 seasons they raced together...so he is no slouch.
I totally expected to see him at least be on par with Lando in these first races so I'm at a loss as to why he isn't.
McLaren isn't like Red Bull where driver #2 gets the brown end of the stick...McLaren are trying hard to get him comfortable in the car.
I'm hoping more miles in the car will see it turn around for DR.
There is chatter than McLaren might replace the chassis on DRs car...but it might just be dressed up rumour clickbait.

Last edited by SenorFunkyPants; 05-27-2021 at 01:48 AM..
Appreciate 1
minn1914034.50