View Single Post
      05-27-2021, 08:12 AM   #384
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
If you think it's about the gloating, then you don't understand.
It's about getting some excitement back in the championship.
If you have championships year after year where half a year before the championship even starts it's already pretty much safe to say who's gonna win it, thats not good for the sport. Only for the fanboys. But not for the number of views and not for the image of the sport.
Sure it's an extreme achievement that HAM and the MERC team can dominate a sport so long and with such a lead, but it makes the sport dead.
It's not good for the populairity of the sport if there's only a fight for 2nd place

And currently only 1 man can maybe give a fight for 1st, and thats Verstappen. That's why he's important for F1.
It would be even more fun if there were 3 or 4 contenders (preferably from different teams) that also have a real chance for the championship but they aren't there. No one talks about what Leclerc or Norris is going to do next race to make HAM's life miserable on the track. It's only VER.
Imagine if there were none...

If you ask anyone what were the glorydays of F1.
Most people are probably going to answer the Prost vs. Senna days.
And that is not because in those days the there was only 1 dominant driver/team.
It's because the fight was real back in those days. Back then the fight was so intense that both drivers wanted to be the fastest at any moment. So trainings, even winter trainings: who was fastest was a fight.
And I like to see that back again. And I think most real F1 fans do too.

And VER has a spectacular driving style.
Lots of drifts and insane saves.

I would have loved to see Leclerc staying in the race and not going out like this.
He also has a spectacular driving style, and defending his home turf always gives that extra motivation. (and as far as constructors go, I'm one of the tifosi )

Am I saying that?
When this much text is used to respond to one simple line, it looks like an excuse.