Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermack View Post
I had over 75% gain on BA earlier this week, I bought it sometime last week or two weeks ago. I didn't sell any because of how much of the tax I'd have to pay. However, I think it'd be more than that if I kept it for at least a year, making a quick buck isn't what I am looking for right now unless I had other investments insight.
I am a noob so excuse my questions. BA is Boeing right? I lost $500 on BA (Boeing) over the past five days and sold it off. I do not see any gains for BA over the past week. What am I missing? Just trying to learn.
Sorry for coming off in a negative way, but did you really just buy a stock using a ticker symbol 'BA' without even knowing what you bought? Clearly it says Boeing all over when you put BA.

Anyways, stock prices went down, you lost money. If it goes up you make money. Not that hard of a concept. You never 'truly' gain or lose until you sell. Should've just held it, BA is not a short term stock to play right now, too risky.
I don't really care how you come off. My skin is thick. I am perfectly aware that Boeing is BA in the market. Please show me the gains suggested over the past 5 days, or weeks that are high percentage gains. I am trying to understand how someone made money on BA. I am a big boy and my losses are my losses.
If you bought it a couple weeks ago, it dipped down into the 90s. Today it's trading around 120ish, so a gain for 30 dollars a share.

If you bought 10 BA shares at 90, you paid 900.
Today those 10 shares are worth 120, so 1200.
You'd make 300 IF you sold.

If you don't sell and it hits 80 on Monday, it's now it's worth 800, once again IF YOU SELL. Get it so far? So buy and hold, and sell when you desire.

Hope this helps?

Some ppl could've bought at 90s and sold a couple days ago around 180 after doubling their money. Just timing.
Appreciate 3
Nuckle2218.00
Rmtt8211.00
tigermack474.50