Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
If you bought it a couple weeks ago, it dipped down into the 90s. Today it's trading around 120ish, so a gain for 30 dollars a share.

If you bought 10 BA shares at 90, you paid 900.
Today those 10 shares are worth 120, so 1200.
You'd make 300 IF you sold.

If you don't sell and it hits 80 on Monday, it's now it's worth 800, once again IF YOU SELL. Get it so far? So buy and hold, and sell when you desire.

Hope this helps?

Some ppl could've bought at 90s and sold a couple days ago around 180 after doubling their money. Just timing.
Yeah...my boss bought a huge amount around $95....then sold around $165. I mentioned it a few weeks back as a potential buy.

But he bought and I didn't. But he also has a lot more money to put into it than I would. I was looking at maybe 100 shares. He bought a lot more than that.

Oh well.....nothing I can do now.

One I will be watching is Park Hotels as one to hold. It's selling around $7.00 last I looked....and could potentially go back into the $30 range once things pan out. But it would take awhile.

But it's also a price that most people can get into if looking to get their feet wet with individual stocks without putting too much money into it.

Also remember if you get in and out, you will negate a fair amount of it with taxes. Another reason to hold it longer.

Otherwise....Vanguard ETF's are the safest bets I see for someone who plans to hold for extended periods.

Just make sure it's money you can spare, buy it, and forget about it.
Think of it in a positive way that even 100 shares of Boeing is something many others wouldn't be able to do. Can't always look at others and put yourself down. 9k is still a lot of money too.

Anyways, if you like hotel stocks look at MGM, LVS (Las Vegas Sands) and EXPE (Expedia), they all have potential to move back up in the long term since they are all heavily affected right now since no one can travel ofcourse.
Put them all on my watch list.

Still sitting on USO at 40%.

DocuSign is kicking my butt but I am going to hold it longer term.

My BA purchase was my very first stock purchase and I should have either stayed away or kept it for the long haul.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8211.00