View Single Post
      10-10-2020, 07:46 AM   #22
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

We all reaped what we sowed. There have been a small effort to push right to repair. It has fallen on deaf ears. A Youtuber named Rich Rebuilds has chronicled his fight with Tesla on being able to obtain service manual level information from Tesla. He was fortunate in that the state he lives in which is Massachusetts had a law that requires auto manufacturers to provide the necessary information for one to repair their own vehicle. But what the law didn't cover are parts availability which Tesla has on lock down. Rich has had to resort to in some cases stock piling parts from totaled vehicles.

This behavior has extended to consumer electronics and will continue to proliferate until you're forced to go to a factory authorized repair facility.

On this topic, I'm checking out a possible source for a service manual. If it works out, I'll post it up.
Appreciate 2
Efthreeoh17205.00
Wild Blue3682.50