11-13-2017, 08:40 AM   #252
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulsE89 View Post
The top does go down, with items in the trunk. With luggage you probably will be on the interstate with the top up. When you arrive you unload and drop the top if you want to. Actually you can get luggage in there too.The hard top makes this car very versatile.
The soft tops are claustrophobic, visibility is annoying, the tops expendable and costly, the rear window deteriorates, the side windows don't seal, it balloons at highway speeds, and they don't like snow and ice.
I love roadsters and have had many. The soft top is something I no longer have to put up with, but I hope it does well. Perhaps the price will drop and the car will make the sporty pundits happy by saving a few pounds.
It is really all about Euro Co2 compliance.
I have owned an E85Z4 since 2009. The rear window is heated glass and doesn’t deteriorate. The side windows seal properly and the roof absolutely does not balloon at highway speeds. And I’ve had my car to 100 mph.

And I have to say that there has been more than one occasion that the wife and I loaded up the trunk at Costco and drive home top down. You may prefer a hard top and that is your right but some of your statements about soft tops conflict with my experience with the E85.
Appreciate 0