02-17-2022, 01:25 PM   #21
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2CS View Post
Masi's entire career has been one screw up after another. He has failed to regulate races in a consistent manner which has led to confusion over what can or can't be done.

Your own bias is impacting how you view the season since you cherry-picked Silverstone (an incident that Max contributed to by turning into Lewis) while ignoring several fouls Max committed throughout the season and got away with (Brazil is one).

Every fan would have preferred Abu Dhabi to end under racing conditions, but a race director cannot make decisions to toss out the rulebook in order to make that happen. Fans also wanted a race in Spa, yet all we got was a safety car. We dealt with it because that's what the rules dictated. The integrity of the sport has to come first.

Max/Redbull was losing so badly in Abu Dhabi whether the race ended behind the safety car or not wouldn't have mattered. Max fans would've had to accept that loss because Mercedes and Lewis were simply better that day. Nobody should accept a shady race director changing rules benefitting one team to create some drama for entertainment.
Agreed on your first point.

There's really not THAT much bias. I'm a McLaren fan but I acknowledge Max is by far the most natural and most talented driver on the grid.

Partially agree with your third point but this sport hasn't had much integrity for a long time. Senna v Prost 1989?

Max's car 100% could not even touch Lewis' car in Abu Dhabi but Max's aggressive overtake and defense on the last lap speaks volumes when hard racing is allowed.

We're not entirely at disagreement - I don't think Masi is amazing and Abu Dhabi was a garbage situation but Masi's decision was the better decision that day. In a season full of f ups from the stewards and Masi that even allowed Lewis to catch up to Max in points. Ending it with a safety car would have been fair for the Abu Dhabi GP but would have been terrible for racing and the season as a whole.

My main point is that Masi getting the boot might not be as great as you all think given what we've been told so far.
Appreciate 4
M5Rick61746.00
Mr Pete1620.00