09-17-2020, 09:53 AM   #12
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-PA View Post
I sold my z3 on BAT. I got good money for the car, but it wasn't a flawless process. The ad took a couple of weeks for them to list after I got them everything they needed. I was very on top of the listing during the live period. The winning bidder flaked out after he won and pretty much disappeared and BAT wasn't helpful. Luckily the 2nd highest bidder and I struck a deal the same day and all went well. Just FYI, once the auction completes, you and the seller are pretty much on your own to close the deal.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1998-bmw-z3-23/

I don't think I could have gotten the value for the car I did without having the BAT visibility and it was nice to have a finite period of time for selling (ie: I knew it would be sold at the end of the auction). If I had another car that I thought would do well on there I'd use them again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-PA View Post
I sold my z3 on BAT. I got good money for the car, but it wasn't a flawless process. The ad took a couple of weeks for them to list after I got them everything they needed. I was very on top of the listing during the live period. The winning bidder flaked out after he won and pretty much disappeared and BAT wasn't helpful. Luckily the 2nd highest bidder and I struck a deal the same day and all went well. Just FYI, once the auction completes, you and the seller are pretty much on your own to close the deal.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1998-bmw-z3-23/

I don't think I could have gotten the value for the car I did without having the BAT visibility and it was nice to have a finite period of time for selling (ie: I knew it would be sold at the end of the auction). If I had another car that I thought would do well on there I'd use them again.
Yeah. They ban those that flake out and I guess you could make another account and bid on something else but I just didn't want that to happen nor intended that to occur.

Appreciate 0