View Single Post
      10-10-2017, 10:10 AM   #2278
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
Anyone have any opinions on bullpup style, likely in a 5.56? Thinking about picking one up, not decided on any particular model yet.
I have a Tavor, I just bought it because I found it interesting. I have done one class with it, it ran perfect.

A friend of mine, with far more trigger time behind an AR (SWAT team guy for many years), fired it and thought recoil felt 'weird' they definitely have a different feel.

I like the way the gun is balanced when it is on your shoulder, you can easily control it with one hand if you need to (reloads and such).

These things are mainly toys to me, I like taking classes and learning how to use them, but I would be more proficient if I just stuck to one platform. That being said.

The Tavor is a very modern design, I think it is a very interesting piece just to take apart and look at. It comes apart with no tools, everything is modular, you can switch it to left hand if you want to (I never have).

The biggest issue with a bullpup is the trigger, it is...not good. I replaced mine with a Timney and it is MUCH improved, it will never be as good as an aftermarket/precision trigger in an AR, but it is good now.

I have read good thing about the AUG, in CA they are a little difficult to come by, I would probably have bought one if I had the chance a couple of years ago.
Appreciate 1
Mandi90TT2712.00