View Single Post
      05-11-2023, 08:13 PM   #39
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

5/11/2023 Update

Over the past couple of months I've done a number of repairs, preventative maintenance, and mods as noted below. I'm very happy with how the car is progressing.

- New brake light switch
- New clutch pedal switches
- Replaced the 13 y/o air/oil separator (AOS). I disassembled the AOS and the rubber diaphragm still looked good. The car has never smoked on start up or otherwise
- Replaced the vent line from the AOS to the throttle body assembly. The vent line had some oil residue on it which after further inspection was caused by a nearly impossible to see crack in the corrugated plastic.
- Installed new coil packs. The original coil packs did not show any signs of cracking.
- Installed satin Soul Performance exhaust tips and x-pipe
- Installed Cayman R "Porsche" side decals
- Rattle can painted the black plastic front spoilers Carrara white and clear coated with 2K clear.
- Plasti-Dip the headlight washer nozzles black (originally chrome)
- Cayman R-style headlight surrounds
- Smoked translucent vinyl on the fog lights and running lamps
- 8mm ECS spacers in the front and 12mm spacers in the rear
- Black painted OEM muffler cans (they bronzed and had some surface rust)
- 40% window tint

Next up is the Function First shift kit and a new gas cap as the car has thrown the P0441 code twice now over the past 6 months and the gas cap rubber seal isn't in good shape. The Cayman R springs and shocks will be done next spring.

Name:  20230506_171742[1].jpg
Views: 1740
Size:  553.3 KB
chassis6645.00
E46ZHP254.00
PcarFan933.50