View Single Post
      11-08-2018, 07:49 AM   #63
Big boi m5
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

I'll chime in and remind everyone that the Z4 M was considered as good or better than the Boxster S and comparable to a corvette base.

However, this is not an M car. You mad well consider M to be a different brand at this point.

BMW standard competes with VW Peugeot Audi and Lexus not Porsche.

Yeah in the US we only see the nice BMWs but this car runs from Miata competitor to boxtser competitor. Sadly the BMW of the 90s and earlier and all the people that ran it have moved on.

BMW is now a massive brand that competes with VAG and GM and all their brands. Sadly this means BMW will have all around cars instead of focused ones. Accept it or find a new brand. Porsche, Lotus, Corvette, Mazda?

These brands found a way to stay sports car
companies.

Also, to use a blizzard phrase, you think you want a race car, but you don't. I bet 90% of M car lenders today would be happier with an M235i trim level because it's a nice balance of performance and comfort.

Only a 50 guys show up to BMW track days and only M3, M2 and M235i are present from BMWs current line up, and for good reason.

These cars still got it. I'd bet Z4 40i, like the 235i is fun enough at track day, but no M.
Appreciate 0