View Single Post
      12-14-2018, 09:59 AM   #56
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Way overpriced considering how the Boxster is priced. The original Z4 started at like $45k tops didn't it?
The original Z4 M Roadster (2006) started at $56K. The original Z4 3.0i started at $39K. The original Z4 2.5i started at about $33K. The 2006 "facelift" that introduced the 3.0Si and replaced the base 2.5i with the 3.0, and raised the price(s) of each by $2K.

At that price, there's ZERO chance I would even be considering the new Z4. Not when a Corvette Grand Sport can be had for cheaper (I paid $65K for mine*) that has more power, better driving dynamics, and is convertible too (targa roof).

For point of reference, the Corvette Grand Sport I bought was fully optioned out, with the top of the line trim (3LT) with full leather trim dash, door, etc and alcantara A pillar and roof liner, plus Z07 package which comes with factory aero, carbon ceramic matrix brakes, tuned suspension, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 run flats...etc. Has just about every expensive option checked under the sun.

And still came in CHEAPER than the starting price of a new Z4 M40i.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0