hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmehanna View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe240 View Post
While luck may play a little part of it, I think it's money management that has enabled you to get an expensive car at a young age. You don't have to make $100k a year to afford this car. It may not be the smartest move to buy this car when making $50k a year, but it's entirely feasible if money is managed properly. I got my first BMW ('17 m240i) when I was 25. Everyone asked me how I afforded a car like that as an E3 in the military. I looked at them and said I don't spend $200 a week on beer and alcohol, nor do I eat out multiple times a week. I enjoy cars so that's where I've always spent my money. Save, purchase, enjoy, repeat.
Agreed. It depends how much you're willing to spend on a car, not how much you are making. 20 years ago I spent $168K of my $200K life savings on a car. Maybe it was irresponsible but I did it anyway. YOLO
at 38.... I've had one used car (the first one and it was a salvaged titled POS) and bought 5 new ones since I've been an adult.

my parents/relatives have said that cars are not an investment blah blah blah.

and I've said. Ive made increasingly more money and it's probably because I invested in motivation. I like cars and it makes you climb the ladder to get money.

cars , are a responsible and great investment if you can afford them and want them
Appreciate 1