View Single Post
      02-23-2020, 08:06 AM   #42
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Weight loss

The core principle is that to lose weight, calories burned need to exceed calories eaten. The mistake that many people make is to boost calorie burning, by exercising a lot. But they don't address the calories eaten side of the equation, in fact some people grab a "power bar" on the way into the gym, and end up losing ground in calories burned/eaten equation.

Here are some things that have worked for me. I am mid-20s BMI, and have been for about 10 years.

Do:
- get a good night's rest (don't stay up too late)
- eat all of the food groups: fruit, vegetable, grain, meat, fish, eggs, dairy
- journal your food portions, which likely includes measuring and weighing food until you become familiar with things
- eat equal portions 6 times per day - this works for me and many people, but evidently not everyone
- exercise in moderation. Three times per week is more than enough, when you achieve an equilibrium of calories burned/eaten.

Don't:
- drink sweetened drinks, even those with zero calories. Examples: soda, gatorade, coffee with anything added whatsoever, manufactured "tea", and the list goes on. These spike your mood upward, then downward, potentially leading to unnecessary eating.
- use caffeine blast doses, like "5 hour energy". These spike your mood, similar to sweetened drinks.
- drink alcohol, or if you do consume it, factor the calories into your food intake. People often do quite well with food calorie planning, but "forget" to include alcohol.
- adopt any fad diets such as: Atkins, Mediterranean, Paleo, gluten free, lactose free, vegan, and others.

There are many more suggestions, but these will get you headed in the right direction.

It may also require that you eat at different establishments, with different people, at different times, compared to what you are doing now.
Appreciate 1