03-09-2020, 11:23 AM   #63
QueueCumber
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Current: Z4 M40i; 997.2 GT3 RS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPelletier View Post
love all the Porsche price comments; the Boxster S is a great car.....even with the lame 4cyl but when I priced them out it was 47% more than a fully loaded Z4 M40i......not even CLOSE. I considered the BMW a bargain and bought one....loving it.

Dave
Yeah, I was contemplating a used 2017-2018 Boxster S vs the Z4 M40i. The biggest deciding factor for me (funny enough) was being able to parallel park in NYC. Porsche front end would get destroyed...

Engine sound out of the box and all the technology in the car was also helpful. Z4 M40i sounds marvelous even before any mods. It won't stop me from doing some bolt-ons down the road, but in the meantime it sounds sweet.

I'm also sort of sick of Porsche presently. I had a 2014 Turbo S which ended up with a ton of bolt-on mods/tunes, and still have the analog 997.2 GT3 RS (2011) that's fun as hell, but requires great roads to really shine (because you can feel every little bump in the road!). I just wanted something that was fun with the top down and enjoyable to drive no matter the condition of the roads (especially since NYC roads can get pretty crappy).
Appreciate 1