Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
HAM: 2 retirements (not a ton)
ROS: 1 retirement
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
Right and without the engine failure 16 laps from winning the Malaysian Grand Prix, he wins the 2016 title. He still had more wins that year, but just one more retirement than ROS.
comparing with retirements is the half of the story of 2016.. Hamilton had at least 5 additional problems in 2016.. 2-3 of them was ERS made him no chance to fight for the pole and few ended up as a grid penalty.. actually one of them he started somewhere between 20-22 the other one as far as i remember he couldnt lap on Q3 made him start on 9-10th at least.. engine fault at Nurburg, hydraulics or something else problem in one of the free practices took him off.. as far as i remember that was a comparison that 8 Merc' engined cars were around and only Hamilton's were faulty among more than 40 engines cause like in Malaysia engine was brand new.. i guess 2016 was the unluckiest season of all for him.. did Rosberg win the tittle.. yes.. problems is a part of motorsports.. is there something to do with it no.. its over.. does Rosberg still around after the tittle, yes with a microphone not this year though..

i remember Rosberg changed his life style dramatically that year to concentrate.. this is what i believe.. im not sure he could do it again and he left.. you can double check this how he lost to Hamilton in early times as well..