View Single Post
      08-25-2020, 11:22 AM   #56
Sqtr5000
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 g29

Hi All! 11 months with the Z4 M40i. It's like some of the posts say: 2 cars in one. Basically a small GT with sports capabilities. I had few issues so far, see below the list.

1- Rattle in the dash - ended up being the rear view mirror assembly, just smacked it into place and the rattle stopped
2- Fuel line sensor - had to swap it for a new one
3- Tires: had to swap both rear tires, both defective
4- Cracked windshield - guess not really a BMW issue, but in 14 years of BMW this was the first time (hopefully the last)
5- Drink oil like a deep fryer, 1qt every 1000miles although been told from BMW this is normal with the B58 engine...
6- Harman Kardon fussy, mess up the ASD with the music and in general quality pretty low...

As you can see beside the oil issue nothing serious. The car is VERY powerful, more than the declared figures in my opinion. It's fun to drive and in general people look at it because of its beauty (I live in LA so no one really look at your car unless is the last model exotic). Very comfortable in long commuting and trips.

I coded few extra options like the start/stop memory, the reduced mode for the instrument cluster, stuff like that.

Never had problems with the breaks getting stones in them.

Last edited by Sqtr5000; 08-25-2020 at 11:28 AM..
Appreciate 0