View Single Post
      09-27-2020, 12:30 PM   #34
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
Agree the transmission is a non-issue as they are quicker than the 6MT. Only M cars without a standard 8ZF are the M2, 3 & 4. The top M dogs M5 & M8 are 8ZF only.

Think the M thing as super special has passed into history when they added the SUV's.
idk .... having just turned in the lease on my F85 X5M about a year ago, and have had M4 and M5 in the past, I would say the ///M SAV is on-par, with performance of my M5. I have also driven the F85 at the track in Monticello and Palm Springs,CA and it handled very well for a 2.5 ton SUV.

Having said all of this ... my G29 is "only" the sdrive 30i M-Sport model and not the M40i. Wanted the M40i, but since I will likely only drive 4-5k miles per year and this will site in the garage most of the time, I couldn't justify a lease payment twice the price ... only paying $450/mo on a loaded 30i Exec fit the bill for a summer weekend toy.

I would also agree that the M40i and M550i and every other ///Marketing vehicle of BMW of recent years which doesn't have an "S" engine and further ///M development/tuning is not a "true" ///M car.

Having de-badged all of my BMWs including my ///M variants, I would have ripped off the side emblems and happily given them to any willing party if I had them here in the US. Not sure why everyone feels the need to advertise the model they bought .... the car looks so much cleaner with no model badges, front plate, etc.
Appreciate 0