View Single Post
      10-28-2020, 10:56 AM   #93
stevenopoly
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Sydney and Melbourne metro areas would be the 6th and 7th largest in the USA. We also had a significant breakout in melbourne with 700 cases a day and got it down to 0 as of yesterday.

Chinese travel to Australia is monumental.

Truth is, they moved early, shut the border hard, enforced a policed 14 day quarantine and snuffed it out. These were all options other countries could have taken but either didn't or did not do them for long enough or with enough enforcement (the quarantine of incoming travelers is absolutely vital).

We are now in a position to recover the ecomony and go about life relatively normally whist the rest of the world will be stuck dealing with this thing in a half arsed manner.
Uhhhh I was actually in Sydney right before they shut down in April for work on film. They shut down at least 2 weeks LATER than America. And then I was forced to fly back to California because they were about to shut down internationally. And my company said if you don't come back now, we can't guarantee when we'll be able to get you back here to America. Prior to me leaving, absolutely ZERO people were wearing masks of any kind. There was a massive HUGE public gay pride party where people were shoulder to shoulder littering the streets a week before.

are we talking about the same Australia? lol
Appreciate 2
BayMoWe3351175.50