Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
They really going to fit an inline 6 in the front of the X2? The 4 cylinder in the X1 already looked like a tight fit.
Note that the lowest output 6 cylinder is now a 40i. So, a 35i could now apply to a highly tuned 4 cylinder. We know that B48 has the potential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Do tell!
I can't take the full credit here - BMW Blog guys helped flesh this out - but there are hints of the dual clutch ZF variant being considered (or even having been decided) for future BMWs. This will be different from M-only DCT and would show up in some model(s) 2-3 years from now. This is highly speculative though, which is why I would like to know what Scott is allowed to say about it.
Agreed. I don't see how BMW would fit a transverse 6-cylinder engine under the hood of the X2.

Oh god... transverse BMW engines...
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0