View Single Post
      06-15-2019, 08:54 AM   #8
rkiger
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i

Picked my Z4 M40i up about 2 weeks ago and now have about 480 miles on odometer. Initial thoughts are that is a very nice car and better then the E-89 35i I just turned in. Some gremlins I have experienced in my short two weeks are:
1. Windshield wipers on intermittent speed hop, jump, bounce, stick on windshield. Only when you have a full windshield of water (rain) will the wipers function properly. I've cleaned the windshield and wipers many times with Stoners Invisible Glass cleaner but nothing has help eliminate this condition. Called dealer and they just said to bring it in for them to look. ugh! Especially for a brand new BMW car. Where was quality control when they did their post assembly vehicle check?
2. Yesterday during a 220 mile shake down drive, I noticed the Turn Signal BC button would not switch to the various instrumentation widget clusters i.e. trip data, torque and Horsepower, radio, etc. Only after I stopped the car and turned the engine off would the Turn Signal BC button switch through the various widget options. Hummmmm?
3. General fit and finished not up to previous BMW model standards! i.e. drivers seat thigh support pad does not go back to original position without manually pushing the pad backward. There is a slight gap between the seat and the thigh pad when push backward into its final position.
4. Check your tire inflation when you pick your car up from the dealer. My tires were set to 39 lbs front and 38 lbs rear. According to BMW these should only be 32 lbs both front and rear. I can see increasing the tire pressure if you are on the track, but the car should not be delivered to you with that much air pressure.
Don't mean to be a drag and just complaining about this car but I DO expect better from a BMW vehicle.
Appreciate 0